Devita's Ultimate Secret to Happiness.
I've been feeling incredibly blessed these last few months.
Now that my first term is over and the second one has started - I’m finally reflecting on how amazing my life really has been.
I’ve flown to more countries in the last one year than ever, explored city by city, learned about their history, and been surrounded by the kindest, most positive human beings in my life.
My life seems so perfect and fun. And to be honest, I’m probably having the best time in my life so far. But it doesn’t mean that my life is always sweet. There were definitely many times when I felt sad and depressed to be so far away from my loved ones, times when I questioned - why am I in grad school again?
![]() |
| This is obviously one of the reasons why I'm back in school. |
It might seem strange to hear that I went through such times when I clearly look like I’m having so much fun. But let’s be realistic - life is never always sweet. Remember that life is like a wheel? Sometimes you’re on top, and sometimes you’re on the bottom.
What I've learned the most though, after being away from home again for more than a year now, is that being grateful is the one ultimate key to happiness. I realized that we can be grateful about everything, even about the things that we dread the most: that upcoming Finance exam, that second thesis to write next spring, that development paper that’s due in January, and what not. Because the hard truth is - no matter how much you hate something in your life - someone else might be dying to have it. I remember that one day I complained about my thesis to a friend, and that friend replied with, “I wish I could be writing one (thesis) too.. I want to go back to school but haven’t gotten the chance yet.” Or that one time I was complaining about my school work then heard that my friends’ parents passed away. I felt pitiful right after because what is my problem compared to those that my friends are facing?
So, there will be days when you think that you’re having the worst day in your life, but sadly - there are people out there who will be wishing they could have just one more day to live, even if it is equivalent to your “worst day.”
There is that one saying, “People spend a lifetime looking for more, when they could have spent a lifetime enjoying what life has offered.” Think again, have you been enjoying your life yet? If not, maybe it’s time to do so, and remember - wherever you are and whatever it is you’re going through in life - be grateful.

Comments
Post a Comment